Silas East Will
Last Will & Testament of Silas East
Georgia, Clarke County
In the name of God, amen. I, Silas East of said state and countybeing of advanced age and ?wing that I must shortly depart from this world deem it right and for open depicts myself and my ?ily that I should make a desposition of the property with which a kind Providence has blessed me. Therefore, make this my last will and testament hereby making and annulling all others heretofore ??e me.
1. I desire and direct that my body be buried in a decent and Christian like manner suitable to my circumstances and condition. My soul I trust shall return to rest with God who gave it, as I hope for eternal Salvation through the blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
2. I desire and direct that all my just debts be paid without delay by my executor hereinafter named as I am unwilling my Creditors should be delayed of their rights.
3. I deem so or give to my daughters Melinda East and Elizabeth East all of that parcel on tractof Land in the State above written. On the South side of Hog Mountain Road beginning with W. A. Thornton home where it intersects the said road then running with the said road to Hillman Jackson's line on said road. Said tract of paarcel of land adjoining Hillman Jackson, A. B. Jackson, Mrs. Aycock, R. M. Whitehead, & W. A. Thornton's land with all the rights members and appurtnenances to said lots of land in any wise appertaining and belonging forever.
4. I divide or give to my son, Darius T. East and daughter Ann Wood all of that tract on parcel of Land in said State and County above written lying on the North Side of Hog Mountain Road beginning where W. A. Thornton home intersects the said road running with the said road to where Hillman Jackson's Line intersects the said road. Said land adjoins Hillman Jackson, Sanford Whitehead, the lands of G. B. Serters Children and W. A. Thronton with all the rights members and appurtnenances to said lots of land in any wise appertaining and belonging forever.
5. I give or bequeath to my daughters, Melinda East and Elizabeth East all my cattle consisting of one Steer, two milk cows & two yearlings. Also two hogs. One wagon, all the tools. The Still and Stands, Black Smith tools, cooking utensils, Corn fodder, wheat, meat and any other article that may belong to the place.
6. I constitute and appoint my friend Wiley A. Thornton Executor to this my Last Will and Testament the January 31, 1868.
Signed Silas East, L.S.
Signed sealed and declared by Silas East as his last Will and Testament in the presence of the Subscribers who Subscribed our names hereto in the presnce of said Testator and each other. January 31st, 1868.
Contributed by Donnie East