State Normal School
At the State Normal School in Athens, GA. in 1924. Currently
a part of the University of Gerogia's College of Public Health.
Originally the complex was University of Georgia's University
High School, and then used as a Confederate Military school. After
years as a school for disabled confederate veterans, it was then used as
a State Normal School (a teaching college) in 1891 when the University of
GA took over administration in 1932 and sometimes became known as Coordinate
In the 1950's the complex was taken over by the Navy for the Supply Corps School until 2011 when it became a part of UGa's College of Public Health.
Contributed by Annette Wade