|Select the first character of the Groom's last name|
|Select the first character of the Bride's last name|
* William W. Waddell m. on 02/17/1830(3),
to Louisa Hilliard
* Thomas W. Walker m. on 10/23/1854(3), to Julia M. Adams
* J. G. Wallace m. in Clarke Co. on 02/15/1891 to Candace Lord, contributed by Connie Bond
* Rev. James J. Wallace m. on (9), to Emily Cordelia Durham widow of James H. Elder
* John Wesley Wallace m. on 09/19/1878, to Mary Anne Sikes, contributed by Larry Wallace.
* Adolphus D Wamaling m. in Clarke Co. on 04/06/1854 to Georgia Ann Fellows, married by Minister Jas S Rey, correction by Margaret James.
* J. M. Ward m. in Oconee Co. on 08/141/1881(7), to Mary Buelah Evans
* Edward R. Ware m. on 04/12/1830(3), to Margaret Bacon
* John C. Weatherford m. in Oconee Co. on 10/06/1881(7), to Nancy H. Pridgeon
* Crawford Whitehead m. in Oconee Co. on 07/24/1881(7), to Fannie Miligan
* Jack Wilburn b. 07/26/1785 in Va.m. on 10/19/1809 to Elizabeth "Betsy" Jackson b. 04/07/1792, Family Bible and Clarke Co. Ga. Marriage Book, contributed by Esther Barnes Mulling
* Joseph C. Wilkins m. on 06/25/1837(3), to Mary Elizabeth Grant Fellows Fellows dau of George P and Mary Ann Fellows
* James C. Williamson m. on 05/06/1852(12), to Frances A. Fellows dau of George P and Mary Ann Fellows, Book D, contributed by Margaret James
* William W. Wilson m. in Clarke Co. on 11/08/1853(2), to Caroline A. Elder
* Thomas Worsham m. on 07/25/1807 to Sally Herron
* Thomas Wray m. on 09/01/1831(3), to Theodosia Cardwell
* William Wright m. on 01/07/1808 to Sussanah Herring
1. 40,000 early Georgia marriages, compiled
by Joseph T. Maddox, 1977.
2. Records of Clarke County, Georgia, 1801-1892: In the Georgia Department of Archives and History, compiled by Robert Scott Davis, c1993.
3. Annals of Athens, Georgia, 1801-1901, by Augustus Longstreet Hull, 1906.
4. Oconee Hill Cemetery
5. Oglethorpe Co history
6. 1850 census
7. Highlights and families of yesteryears: Oconee County, Georgia, compiled by Clarence Thomas Dalton, 1985.
Marriages from Oconee Marriage Book "B" - 1880. Some are marked (col) without any explanation. Lin Wright believes they represent marriages of people of color and Lin has marked those with an asterisk (*) -- as opposed to the (*) that I am using at the beginning of each entry for decorative purposes-- and to make clear when a new entry begins.
8. Information supplied by Ms. Launa Jean Maikowski.
9. Elder and Hardigree Families, complied by Ernest Elder, Jr.
10. LANIER by Louise Ingersoll
11. War of 1812 pension application and widow's pension application, "Captain George Barber of Georgia" by David Morgan (1975)
12. Marriage Record Book H.
13. Marriage Licenses.