|Select the first character of the Groom's last name|
|Select the first character of the Bride's last name|
* Clovis G. Talmadge m. on ?(3),
to Mary C. Bishop
* Richard D. B. Taylor m. on 10/06/1853(3), to Sarah Jane Billups
* Hartwell J. Thomas m. in Clarke Co. on 12/22/1853(2), to Almira C. Elder
* * Jack Thomas m. in Oconee Co. on 10/13/1881 to Clara Streeh
* James Dudley Thomas m. on 08/07/1838(3), to Sarah Billups
* Stevens Thomas m. on 06/20/1836(3), to Isabella L. Hayes
* William Thomas b. 10/03/1819(9), d. 02/16/1859(9), m1. on 03/11/1842 to Mary Ann Whiton
* William Thomas b. 10/03/1819(9), d. 02/16/1859(9), m2. on 10/25/1855(2), to Matilda Ann Elder
* Barton Cloud Thrasher b. 01/17/1823(9), son of Barton and Fannie Thrasher, m. in Clarke Co. on 12/23/1841(2), to Mary Celestia Bird Elder
* James Rutherford Thurmond m. on 06/25/1846(12), to Julia Ann Hambleton, Book D, contributed by Faye Sweat
* ? Tinsley m. on ?(3), to Tracy Baxter
* Henry W. Todd m. on 10/20/1835(3), to Emily Watkins
1. 40,000 early Georgia marriages, compiled
by Joseph T. Maddox, 1977.
2. Records of Clarke County, Georgia, 1801-1892: In the Georgia Department of Archives and History, compiled by Robert Scott Davis, c1993.
3. Annals of Athens, Georgia, 1801-1901, by Augustus Longstreet Hull, 1906.
4. Oconee Hill Cemetery
5. Oglethorpe Co history
6. 1850 census
7. Highlights and families of yesteryears: Oconee County, Georgia, compiled by Clarence Thomas Dalton, 1985.
Marriages from Oconee Marriage Book "B" - 1880. Some are marked (col) without any explanation. Lin Wright believes they represent marriages of people of color and Lin has marked those with an asterisk (*) -- as opposed to the (*) that I am using at the beginning of each entry for decorative purposes-- and to make clear when a new entry begins.
8. Information supplied by Ms. Launa Jean Maikowski.
9. Elder and Hardigree Families, complied by Ernest Elder, Jr.
10. LANIER by Louise Ingersoll
11. War of 1812 pension application and widow's pension application, "Captain George Barber of Georgia" by David Morgan (1975)
12. Marriage Record Book H.
13. Marriage Licenses.