|Select the first character of the Groom's last name|
|Select the first character of the Bride's last name|
* Paul J. Semmes m. on 06/14/1836(3),
to Emily J. Hemphill
* James Shannon m. on 06/28/1837(3), to Frances E. Moore
* James Shaw m. in Clarke Co. on 09/30/1829 or 02/11/1830 to Polly Gann, contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* William Simms m. in Clarke Co. on 01/01/1839(2), to Eavmin Elder
* James Smith m. in Clarke Co. on 08/02/1818 to Polly Harris, contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* Victor M. Smith m. on 11/16/1871(3), to Saida Bird
* James M. Smythe m. on 04/20/1831(3), to Jane N. Harris
* Bourke Spalding m. on 11/03/1874(3), to Nellie P. Barrow
* Bourke Spaulding m. on 11/03/1874(3), to Nellie P. Barrow dau. of David Crenshaw and Sarah Elizabeth (Pope)
* A. H. Steedman m. on ?(3), to Matilda Bancroft
* H. H. Steiner m. on 02/23/1896(3), to Lucile Barnes
* Harris Stephens b. 1806 in Clarke Co. d. 04/20/1864 in Randolph Co. Alason of David and Frances Mary Harris Stephens, m. in Clarke Co. on 02/21/1828 to Mary Ann Daniell b. 05/01/1811 in Clarke Co. d. 03/07/1889 in Randolph Co. Ala, contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* John Fielder Stephens b. 1798 d. 11/02/1822son of David and Frances Mary Harris Stephens, m. in Clarke Co. on 02/04/1819 to Martha Harper b. 1802 in Va. d. aft 1880 in Fayette Co. dau of John William and Susannah North Harper, contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* Joshhua Stephens b. 1805 in Clarke Co. d. abt 1868 in Cobb Co.son of David and Frances Mary Harris Stephens, m. in Clarke Co. on 07/22/1824 to Mary "Polly" Gann b. 11/18/1809 in Clarke Co. d. 1894 in Cobb Co. dau of Nathan and his first wife, Nancy Summers Gann, contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* Thomas Harris Stephens b. 09/21/1821 in Clarke Co. d. 09/30/1863 in Savannah, Ga (CSA)son of John Fielder and Martha Harper Stephens, m. in Clarke Co. on 01/24/1840 to Mary A. Conner b. 1823 in Clarke Co. d. 1907 in Fayette Co., contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* Young John William Harper Stephens b. 11/22/1819 in Clarke Co. d. 01/11/1910 in Haralson Co.son of John Fielder and Martha Harper Stephens, m. in Clarke Co. on 04/28/1839 to Rebecca Conner b. 05/26/1818 in Clarke Co. d. 09/18/1896 in Haralson Co. dau of John Conner, contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* Levy Stewart m. in Clarke Co on 02/02/1829 to Elizabeth Holder, contributed by Becky Buck
* Thomas Stewart m. in Clarke Co. on 10/22/1821 to Peggy Holder, contributed by Becky Buck
* George Strickland m. in Oconee Co. on 05/15/1881(7), to Bush Huff
* C. A. Styles m. on 01/13/1863(3), to Anna M. Adams
* Christopher C. Swan m. in Clarke Co. on 10/04/1860(12), to Mary E. Fellows dau of George P and Mary Ann Fellows, Book D, contributed by Margaret James
1. 40,000 early Georgia marriages, compiled
by Joseph T. Maddox, 1977.
2. Records of Clarke County, Georgia, 1801-1892: In the Georgia Department of Archives and History, compiled by Robert Scott Davis, c1993.
3. Annals of Athens, Georgia, 1801-1901, by Augustus Longstreet Hull, 1906.
4. Oconee Hill Cemetery
5. Oglethorpe Co history
6. 1850 census
7. Highlights and families of yesteryears: Oconee County, Georgia, compiled by Clarence Thomas Dalton, 1985.
Marriages from Oconee Marriage Book "B" - 1880. Some are marked (col) without any explanation. Lin Wright believes they represent marriages of people of color and Lin has marked those with an asterisk (*) -- as opposed to the (*) that I am using at the beginning of each entry for decorative purposes-- and to make clear when a new entry begins.
8. Information supplied by Ms. Launa Jean Maikowski.
9. Elder and Hardigree Families, complied by Ernest Elder, Jr.
10. LANIER by Louise Ingersoll
11. War of 1812 pension application and widow's pension application, "Captain George Barber of Georgia" by David Morgan (1975)
12. Marriage Record Book H.
13. Marriage Licenses.