|Select the first character of the Groom's last name|
|Select the first character of the Bride's last name|
* Arthur Machen m. on ?(3),
to Minnis Gresham
* Matthew Marable m. on 1815 to Maria Fullwood, contributed by Deanie Fincher
* Lafayette Marshall m. in Clarke Co. on 01/03/1849(2), to Martha E. Elder
* William H. Marshall m. in Clarke Co. on 10/19/1848(2), to Arianna Elder
* Edward Maxey m. in Clarke Co. on 05/28/1815(1,2,8), to Polly Elder
* C. P. McAllister m. on 12/01/1864(1), to Charlotte Almand / Allman
* John Thomas McCoy m. in Clarke Co. on 05/19/1853(2), to Lucy Jane Elder
* Joseph H. McCree m. in Clarke Co. on 04/10/1851(2), to Susan Frances Elder
* William McElhannon m. in Oconee Co. on 02/14/1889(7), to Lillie Elder
* Edward Franklind McManaman m. in Clarke Co. on 05/09/1870 to Emeline Izzadore Thompson, has a copy of marriage certificate, contributed by Karen A. Clarke
* George H. McRee m. in Clarke Co. on 01/03/1849(2), to Mary P. Elder
* Richard B. McRee m. in Clarke Co. on 03/14/1847(2), to Mary E. Elder
* John D. Mell m. on ?(3), to Helen Carlton
* Thomas M. Meriwether m. on 08/11/1841(3), to Henrietta L. Andrews
* Mark T. J. Millen / Allen m. in Clarke Co. on 02/15/1816(1,2), to Mahala Freeman / Farrar
* H. K. Milner m. on ?(3), to Helen Bishop
* * Anderson Mitchell m. in Oconee Co. on 07/31/1881(7), to Caroline Early
* Giles Mitchell m. on 10/12/1835(3), to Sarah E. Long
* William L. Mitchell m. on 12/23/1828(3), to Sarah Neisler
* Rufus L. Moss m. on 08/08/1848(3), to Mary L. Anthony
* Lane Mullaly m. on ?(3), to Bessie Baxter
1. 40,000 early Georgia marriages, compiled
by Joseph T. Maddox, 1977.
2. Records of Clarke County, Georgia, 1801-1892: In the Georgia Department of Archives and History, compiled by Robert Scott Davis, c1993.
3. Annals of Athens, Georgia, 1801-1901, by Augustus Longstreet Hull, 1906.
4. Oconee Hill Cemetery
5. Oglethorpe Co history
6. 1850 census
7. Highlights and families of yesteryears: Oconee County, Georgia, compiled by Clarence Thomas Dalton, 1985.
Marriages from Oconee Marriage Book "B" - 1880. Some are marked (col) without any explanation. Lin Wright believes they represent marriages of people of color and Lin has marked those with an asterisk (*) -- as opposed to the (*) that I am using at the beginning of each entry for decorative purposes-- and to make clear when a new entry begins.
8. Information supplied by Ms. Launa Jean Maikowski.
9. Elder and Hardigree Families, complied by Ernest Elder, Jr.
10. LANIER by Louise Ingersoll
11. War of 1812 pension application and widow's pension application, "Captain George Barber of Georgia" by David Morgan (1975)
12. Marriage Record Book H.
13. Marriage Licenses.