|Select the first character of the Groom's last name|
|Select the first character of the Bride's last name|
* Cobb Lampkin m. on 03/11/1874(3),
to Mamie Arnold
* Terrell M. Lampkin m. on 04/15/1847(3), to America Adams b. abt 1825
* Merida M. Landers b. abt 1825 in SC?m. on 09/08/1835 to Mary Ann Martha Akin b. abt 1816, the source for this is a marriage certificate, contributed by bjacobs
* Henry Lane m. on 01/01/1809 to Martha Herring
* Bazaleel Langford m. in Clarke Co. on 12/17/1818 to Elizabeth Adams, contributed by Carol Middleton
* Francis Gower Langford m. on 12/31/1840(12), to Harriet C. Hamilton, Book C, contributed by Faye Sweat
* Henry Langford m. in Clarke Co. on 04/20/1809(2), to Nancy Patterson, contributed by Carol Middleton
* Bazaleel Langford Lanier b. 04/11/1827 in Monroe Co. Ga.(11), d. 10/17/1902(10), son of George Malone and Polly Langford Lanier, m. on 06/28/1849 to Almanza Jane Connor, contributed by Carol Middleton
* George Malone Lanier b. 02/09/1791 in Brunswick Co. Va., War of 1812 vet(10), d. 07/22/1854(10), son of Nicholas and Martha "Patsy" Malone Lanier, m. on 01/31/1816 to Polly Langford b. 02/22/1800(10), d. Sept. 1881(10), , Have copy of marriage certificate, cannot make out surety, contributed by Carol Middleton
* James M. Lanier b. 11/07/1817 in Clarke Co. Ga.(10), son of George Malone and Polly Langford Lanier, m. on 07/25/1838(10), to Mary Ann Kent, contributed by Carol Middleton
* Walter Lanier b. April 1819 in Clarke Co. Ga.(10), d. 11/18/1912 in Birmingham Ala.son of George Malone and Polly Langford Lanier, m. on 09/17/1840 to Eliza Mary Meade, Have a copy of the marriage bond signed by George Malone Lanier as surety and a copy of the marriage certificate with the signature of Bedford Langford, contributed by Carol Middleton
* William Lanier b. 04/08/1819 in Clarke Co. Ga.(10), d. 05/05/1864 in Battle of the Wildernessson of George Malone and Polly Langford Lanier, m. on 10/08/1844 to Lucy Jane Billups, contributed by Carol Middleton
* Henry C. Lea m. on 08/26/1828(3), to Serena Rootes
* Fred B. Lucas m. on ?(3), to Susie Taylor
* Alfred T. Luckie m. on 04/30/1874(3), to Lizzie Alexander
* John W. Lumpkin m. on 04/23/1837(3), to Ann Jameson
* Charles B. Lyle m. on 12/12/1837(3), to Julia E. Carlton
* James R. Lyle m. on 05/17/1860(3), to Clara M. Bailey
1. 40,000 early Georgia marriages, compiled
by Joseph T. Maddox, 1977.
2. Records of Clarke County, Georgia, 1801-1892: In the Georgia Department of Archives and History, compiled by Robert Scott Davis, c1993.
3. Annals of Athens, Georgia, 1801-1901, by Augustus Longstreet Hull, 1906.
4. Oconee Hill Cemetery
5. Oglethorpe Co history
6. 1850 census
7. Highlights and families of yesteryears: Oconee County, Georgia, compiled by Clarence Thomas Dalton, 1985.
Marriages from Oconee Marriage Book "B" - 1880. Some are marked (col) without any explanation. Lin Wright believes they represent marriages of people of color and Lin has marked those with an asterisk (*) -- as opposed to the (*) that I am using at the beginning of each entry for decorative purposes-- and to make clear when a new entry begins.
8. Information supplied by Ms. Launa Jean Maikowski.
9. Elder and Hardigree Families, complied by Ernest Elder, Jr.
10. LANIER by Louise Ingersoll
11. War of 1812 pension application and widow's pension application, "Captain George Barber of Georgia" by David Morgan (1975)
12. Marriage Record Book H.
13. Marriage Licenses.