|Select the first character of the Groom's last name|
|Select the first character of the Bride's last name|
* Gabriel Fambrough m. in Clarke Co. on 02/02/1809(1),
to Nancy Elder
* William H. Felton m. on ?(3), to Mary Ann Carlton
* Lewis M. Fowler m. on 12/20/1837(3), to Elizabeth A. Conger
* Fred J. Freeman m. on 11/03/1831(12), to Catherine Hambleton / Hamilton, contributed by Faye Sweat
* Johnson Freeman m. in Clarke Co. on 06/17/1819 to Esther Traywick, Source: Georgia Marriages 1811 through 1820 by Mary b. Warren, Ed., 1988, p. 104. Also cited in "40,000 Early Georgia Marriages" by Joseph T. Maddox, 1977, contributed by Carolyn Martin
* William Fulcher m. on 07/01/1841(12), to Caroline Hambleton / Hamilton, contributed by Faye Sweat
* Willis P. Fullilove m. in Oconee Co. on 08/01/1886(7), to Gertrude Elder
1. 40,000 early Georgia marriages, compiled
by Joseph T. Maddox, 1977.
2. Records of Clarke County, Georgia, 1801-1892: In the Georgia Department of Archives and History, compiled by Robert Scott Davis, c1993.
3. Annals of Athens, Georgia, 1801-1901, by Augustus Longstreet Hull, 1906.
4. Oconee Hill Cemetery
5. Oglethorpe Co history
6. 1850 census
7. Highlights and families of yesteryears: Oconee County, Georgia, compiled by Clarence Thomas Dalton, 1985.
Marriages from Oconee Marriage Book "B" - 1880. Some are marked (col) without any explanation. Lin Wright believes they represent marriages of people of color and Lin has marked those with an asterisk (*) -- as opposed to the (*) that I am using at the beginning of each entry for decorative purposes-- and to make clear when a new entry begins.
8. Information supplied by Ms. Launa Jean Maikowski.
9. Elder and Hardigree Families, complied by Ernest Elder, Jr.
10. LANIER by Louise Ingersoll
11. War of 1812 pension application and widow's pension application, "Captain George Barber of Georgia" by David Morgan (1975)
12. Marriage Record Book H.
13. Marriage Licenses.