|Select the first character of the Groom's last name|
|Select the first character of the Bride's last name|
* Jeremiah M. Daniell m. in Clarke Co. on 01/22/1817
to Mary Burnett, contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* Nathaniel Daniell m. in Clarke Co. on 12/29/1829 to Mary Parker, contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* William R. Daniell m. on 10/11/1832(12), to Clementina Hambleton / Hamilton, contributed by Faye Sweat
* Alford Davis m. in Oconee Co. on 07/16/1889(7), to Cora Elder
* Fred L. Davis m. on 09/05/1895(3), to Mattie Barnard
* David Day m. in Clarke Co. on 11/22/1807 to Mary Johnston / Johnson dau of John B. Johnston / Johnson, contributed by Kathleen Mullins Fowler
* John T. Dearing m. on 03/24/1836(3), to Emma F. Stone
* William E. Dearing m. on 06/27/1837(3), to Caroline E. Stovall
* George Dent m. on 06/02/1836(3), to Frances E. Thomas
* Alonzo Lawrence Doolittle m. in Clarke Co. on 04/26/1849 to Nancy Annis Langford
* William Dougherty m. on 08/17/1830(3), to Acsa Turner
* Lonnie Drake m. on 01/22/1916 to Mollie Wheeler, contributed by Paulette Moon.
* James H. Dunnahan m. in Clarke Co. on 10/10/1852(2), to Talitha A. Elder
1. 40,000 early Georgia marriages, compiled
by Joseph T. Maddox, 1977.
2. Records of Clarke County, Georgia, 1801-1892: In the Georgia Department of Archives and History, compiled by Robert Scott Davis, c1993.
3. Annals of Athens, Georgia, 1801-1901, by Augustus Longstreet Hull, 1906.
4. Oconee Hill Cemetery
5. Oglethorpe Co history
6. 1850 census
7. Highlights and families of yesteryears: Oconee County, Georgia, compiled by Clarence Thomas Dalton, 1985.
Marriages from Oconee Marriage Book "B" - 1880. Some are marked (col) without any explanation. Lin Wright believes they represent marriages of people of color and Lin has marked those with an asterisk (*) -- as opposed to the (*) that I am using at the beginning of each entry for decorative purposes-- and to make clear when a new entry begins.
8. Information supplied by Ms. Launa Jean Maikowski.
9. Elder and Hardigree Families, complied by Ernest Elder, Jr.
10. LANIER by Louise Ingersoll
11. War of 1812 pension application and widow's pension application, "Captain George Barber of Georgia" by David Morgan (1975)
12. Marriage Record Book H.
13. Marriage Licenses.