|Select the first character of the Groom's last name|
|Select the first character of the Bride's last name|
* Sarah Elizabeth Waddell m. in Clarke Co.
on 11/18/1828(3), to Edmund Atkinson
* Mariah M. Walker m. in Clarke Co. on 04/03/1834(2), to Virgil W. Akridge
* Mattire Wallace m. in Clarke Co. on 08/12/1888(13), to Marshal N. Pledger, contributed by Robert N. Hale, Sr.
* Mary Ann Ware m. on 01/15/1829(3), to Walker Veitch
* Emily Watkins m. on 10/20/1835(3), to Henry W. Todd
* Mary Watkins m. in Clarke Co. on 09/15/1824(2), to Thomas Angle
* Lucinda Weinor m. in Clarke Co. on 05/03/1832 to Joseph Alexander, contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* Charlotte Ann Weir m. in Clarke Co. on 05/07/1846(2), to William J. Archer
* Lucinda Weir m. in Clarke Co. on 05/03/1832(2), to Joseph Alexander
* Emily Weire / Ware? m. in Clarke Co. on 10/25/1841(2), to John Alexander
* Mary Wellborn m. on ?(3), to James Camak son of James and Helen (Finley) Camak
* Mollie Wheeler m. on 01/22/1916 to Lonnie Drake, contributed by Paulette Moon.
* Anna Jane Whitaker m. in Clarke Co. on 01/10/1843(2), to William W. Anderson
* Frances Whitehead m. on 11/07/1811(9), to Moab Hale b. 1783 in NC d. 1854(3,9), son of Joshua and Mary ? Hale
* Martha A. E. Whitehead m. in Clarke Co. on 06/28/1846(2), to James G. Adams b. abt 1829
* Rebecca Whitehead m. in Clarke Co. on 09/21/1823 or 1821(2), to Richard Adams
* Weltha Whitehead m. in Clarke Co. on 01/28/1819 to John Burks
* Mary Ann Whiton m. on 03/11/1842 to William Thomas b. 10/03/1819(9), d. 02/16/1859(9),
* Mary Wiley m. on ?(3), to Thomas W. Baxter
* Virginia Wilkinson m. in Clarke Co. on 12/17/1856(3), to H. J. (Rev.) Adams b. 05/06/1827(4), d. 12/24/1898(4),
* Ida Williams m. in Oconee Co. on 03/11/1811(7), to Smith Griffeth
* Martha Williams m. on 01/28/1846(3), to Andrew Baxter son of Thomas W. and Mary (Wiley) Baxter
* Cinthia M. Williamson b. July 1849 m. on 06/03/1874 to Calvin Beavers b. August 1839 son of James M and Elizabeth Gill Beavers Beavers, contributed by Bonita Eberhart
* Mary Williamson m. in Clarke Co. on 12/26/1880(13), to James Pledger, contributed by Robert N. Hale, Sr.
* Elizabeth Wilson m. on 04/07/1813 to William Herrin
* Sarah Wilson m. in Clarke Co. on 04/26/1814(1), to Alexander Baker
* Rebecca Wilton m. in Clarke Co. on 12/18/1816(1), to Absolom Clarke
* Jessie Winkler m. on 06/15/1875(3), to George D. Bancroft son of James and Matilda R. (Jeanerette) Bancroft
* Elizabeth Winstead m. on 04/30/1846(3), to William T. Bailey
* Lucy Wood m. in Clarke Co. on 12/31/1826(2,8), to David / Daniel Elder
* Nancy Wood m. in Clarke Co. on 12/27/1826(2), to James Allen
* Sidney Ann Wood m. in Clarke Co. on 10/20/1840(2), to Jesse Ansley
* Tabitha Wood m. in Clarke Co. on 12/08/1818(1), to Bailey Bostick
* Mary F. Woodbin m. on 05/31/1882(3), to T. J. Barnard
1. 40,000 early Georgia marriages, compiled
by Joseph T. Maddox, 1977.
2. Records of Clarke County, Georgia, 1801-1892: In the Georgia Department of Archives and History, compiled by Robert Scott Davis, c1993.
3. Annals of Athens, Georgia, 1801-1901, by Augustus Longstreet Hull, 1906.
4. Oconee Hill Cemetery
5. Oglethorpe Co history
6. 1850 census
7. Highlights and families of yesteryears: Oconee County, Georgia, compiled by Clarence Thomas Dalton, 1985.
Marriages from Oconee Marriage Book "B" - 1880. Some are marked (col) without any explanation. Lin Wright believes they represent marriages of people of color and Lin has marked those with an asterisk (*) -- as opposed to the (*) that I am using at the beginning of each entry for decorative purposes-- and to make clear when a new entry begins.
8. Information supplied by Ms. Launa Jean Maikowski.
9. Elder and Hardigree Families, complied by Ernest Elder, Jr.
10. LANIER by Louise Ingersoll
11. War of 1812 pension application and widow's pension application, "Captain George Barber of Georgia" by David Morgan (1975)
12. Marriage Record Book H.
13. Marriage Licenses.