|Select the first character of the Groom's last name|
|Select the first character of the Bride's last name|
* Mary Ann Saunders m. in Clarke Co. on 06/23/1853(13),
to Elisha A. Pledger, contributed by Robert N. Hale, Sr.
* Priscilla Flint Sawyer m. on ?(4), to David Crenshaw Barrow b. 07/26/1815(4), d. 03/18/1899(4),
* Ellen Scott m. on ?(3), to Thomas W. Baxter son of Thomas W. and Mary (Wiley) Baxter
* Martha A. Scott m. on ? to Edward Bancroft b. abt 1829(4), d. 11/09/1903(4), son of James and Matilda R. (Jeanerette) Bancroft
* * Anna Sheats m. in Oconee Co. on 10/18/1881(7), to Primus Gray
* Jane Shields m. on 08/02/1782(9), to John Blakely b. 10/29/1755(9), d. 1836(9), son of James and Rebecca Blakely
* Mary Anne Sikes m. on 09/19/1878, to John Wesley Wallace, License, contributed by Larry Wallace.
* Solita Ann Silvy m. in Clarke Co. on 02/18/1841(2), to Augustus Adams
* Adeline Sisson m. on 04/17/1861(3), to Thomas A. Adams d. 1864(4),
* Amind Smith m. on 08/04/1853 to James Kisselburg b. 1833 d. 10/19/1864 at Cedar Creek Va. In Civil War, contributed by Jan Kisselburg
* Lucy Smith m. in Clarke Co. on 11/24/1845(2), to John L. Amis
* Mrs. Victoria Smith m. on ?(3), to Joel Abbott Billups son of John and Jane (Abbott) Billups
* Nancy Smith m. in Clarke Co. on 12/13/1821(2), to John Anderson
* Polly Smith m. in Clarke Co. on 12/1810(1), to Charles Broach
* Charlotte Steadman m. in Clarke Co. on 08/15/1816(1), to Gready Barber
* Patsy Stedman m. in Clarke Co. on 01/23/1805(1), to William Clements
* Mariah Stephens b. 06/11/1799 d. 07/11/1881 in Coffee Co. Aladau of David and Frances Mary Harris Stepens, m. in Clarke Co. on 08/13/1817 to Joseph Malone Harper b. 01/08/1799 Va. d. 08/01/1850 in Coffee Co. Ala. son of John William and Susannah North Harper, contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* Martha Harper Stephens b. 1802 in Va. d. aft 1880 in Fayette Co.dau of John William and Susannah North Harper, m. in Clarke Co. on 06/01/1824 to James Davenport Hewell d. 02/09/1892
* Nancy Ann Stephens b. 1812, Clarke Co. d. Dec 1862(13), dau of David Stephens, m. in Clarke Co. on 09/23/1827 to Smith Alexander b. 1810 Clarke Co. d. 1862, Cobb Co. son of John and Elizabeth Alexander, contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* Sarah Coffee Stephens b. 12/26/1836 in Clarke Co. d. 01/02/1926 in Clay Co. Alabamadau of Joshua and Mary "Polly" Stephens, m. in Clarke Co. on 02/14/1856 to George Harper b. 12/24/1834 d. 12/30/1926 in Oxford, Calhoun Co. Alabama son of William Shaw and Sarah Harper, contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* Emma F. Stone m. on 03/24/1836(3), to John T. Dearing
* Caroline E. Stovall m. on 06/27/1837(3), to William E. Dearing
* * Clara Streeh m. in Oconee Co. on 10/13/1881 to Jack Thomas
* Sally Strong m. in Clarke Co. on 08/27/1807(1), to Jack F. Cocke
* Susannah Strong m. in Clarke Co. on 12/10/1804(1), to James Blakely
1. 40,000 early Georgia marriages, compiled
by Joseph T. Maddox, 1977.
2. Records of Clarke County, Georgia, 1801-1892: In the Georgia Department of Archives and History, compiled by Robert Scott Davis, c1993.
3. Annals of Athens, Georgia, 1801-1901, by Augustus Longstreet Hull, 1906.
4. Oconee Hill Cemetery
5. Oglethorpe Co history
6. 1850 census
7. Highlights and families of yesteryears: Oconee County, Georgia, compiled by Clarence Thomas Dalton, 1985.
Marriages from Oconee Marriage Book "B" - 1880. Some are marked (col) without any explanation. Lin Wright believes they represent marriages of people of color and Lin has marked those with an asterisk (*) -- as opposed to the (*) that I am using at the beginning of each entry for decorative purposes-- and to make clear when a new entry begins.
8. Information supplied by Ms. Launa Jean Maikowski.
9. Elder and Hardigree Families, complied by Ernest Elder, Jr.
10. LANIER by Louise Ingersoll
11. War of 1812 pension application and widow's pension application, "Captain George Barber of Georgia" by David Morgan (1975)
12. Marriage Record Book H.
13. Marriage Licenses.