|Select the first character of the Groom's last name|
|Select the first character of the Bride's last name|
* ? Ragland m. on ?(3),
to Thomas U. Camak son of James and Helen (Finley) Camak
* Isabell Ray m. in Clarke Co. on 12/30/1810(1), to George Cagle
* Malinda Rea m. in Clarke Co. on 01/12/1812(1), to Isham Cagle
* Polly Read m. on 08/22/1784(9), to David Elder
* Imogene Reid m. on ?(3), to Edgeworth Bird son of W. Edgeworth and Sallie C. (Baxter) Bird
* Elizabeth Reynolds dau. of Spencer Reynolds., m. in Clarke Co. on 05/11/1806 to George Barber youngest son of George and Margaret (Watkins) Barber
* Katie Roberts m. in Clarke Co. on 12/03/1868(13), to Thomas Pledger, contributed by Robert N. Hale, Sr.
* Sarah Sally Robertson, b. 1786, dtr of David Robertson Sr. m. Rueben Bennett b. 1786, d. 12/16/1838 in LA on 02/14/1804 in Clarke Co. by M. Keyton, Justice of the peace, contributed by Ted Jones.
* Sarah Robinson m. in Clarke Co. on 10/20/1819(1,2), to Phillip Allen
* Serena Rootes m. on 08/26/1828(3), to Henry C. Lea
* Kate Rucker m. on ?(3), to Richard B. Baxter son of Thomas W. and Mary (Wiley) Baxter
1. 40,000 early Georgia marriages, compiled
by Joseph T. Maddox, 1977.
2. Records of Clarke County, Georgia, 1801-1892: In the Georgia Department of Archives and History, compiled by Robert Scott Davis, c1993.
3. Annals of Athens, Georgia, 1801-1901, by Augustus Longstreet Hull, 1906.
4. Oconee Hill Cemetery
5. Oglethorpe Co history
6. 1850 census
7. Highlights and families of yesteryears: Oconee County, Georgia, compiled by Clarence Thomas Dalton, 1985.
Marriages from Oconee Marriage Book "B" - 1880. Some are marked (col) without any explanation. Lin Wright believes they represent marriages of people of color and Lin has marked those with an asterisk (*) -- as opposed to the (*) that I am using at the beginning of each entry for decorative purposes-- and to make clear when a new entry begins.
8. Information supplied by Ms. Launa Jean Maikowski.
9. Elder and Hardigree Families, complied by Ernest Elder, Jr.
10. LANIER by Louise Ingersoll
11. War of 1812 pension application and widow's pension application, "Captain George Barber of Georgia" by David Morgan (1975)
12. Marriage Record Book H.
13. Marriage Licenses.