|Select the first character of the Groom's last name|
|Select the first character of the Bride's last name|
* Arminda E. Parker m. in Clarke Co. on 05/25/1852(2),
to John Q. Allison
* Mary Parker m. in Clarke Co. on 12/29/1829 to Nathaniel Daniell, contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* Patsy Parr m. in Clarke Co. on 12/22/1812(1,2), to Edward Aiken / Akin
* Eleanor S. Patterson m. in Clarke Co. on 02/09/1845(2), to Snowden T. Anchon
* Nancy Patterson m. in Clarke Co. on 04/20/1809(2), to Henry Langford, contributed by Carol Middleton
* Sarah Ann O. Perry m. in Clarke Co. on 01/28/1841(2), to William L. B. Aiken / Akin b. abt 1823(6),
* Mollie Phillips m. on ?(9), to David Elder
* Jane E. Pinson m. in Clarke Co. on 12/10/1833(2), to William Amis
* Sarah Elizabeth Pope m. on 11/23/1838(3), to David Crenshaw Barrow b. 07/26/1815(4), d. 03/18/1899(4),
* Nancy Emaline Porterfield m. on 09/29/1870 to William John Hale, contributed by Hugh Hale
* Cora Powell m. on ?(3), to Arthur F. Bishop son of Edward and Mary M. (Bingham) Bishop
* Sarah Powell m. in Clarke Co. on 11/03/1818(1), to Nathan Bransford
* Annie Price m. on ?(3), to William A. Carlton son of Joseph B. and Emma (Moore) Carlton
* Elizabeth Price m. in Clarke Co. on 10/13/1836(2), to Joseph Amis
* Nancy H. Pridgeon m. in Oconee Co. on 10/06/1881(7), to John C. Weatherford
1. 40,000 early Georgia marriages, compiled
by Joseph T. Maddox, 1977.
2. Records of Clarke County, Georgia, 1801-1892: In the Georgia Department of Archives and History, compiled by Robert Scott Davis, c1993.
3. Annals of Athens, Georgia, 1801-1901, by Augustus Longstreet Hull, 1906.
4. Oconee Hill Cemetery
5. Oglethorpe Co history
6. 1850 census
7. Highlights and families of yesteryears: Oconee County, Georgia, compiled by Clarence Thomas Dalton, 1985.
Marriages from Oconee Marriage Book "B" - 1880. Some are marked (col) without any explanation. Lin Wright believes they represent marriages of people of color and Lin has marked those with an asterisk (*) -- as opposed to the (*) that I am using at the beginning of each entry for decorative purposes-- and to make clear when a new entry begins.
8. Information supplied by Ms. Launa Jean Maikowski.
9. Elder and Hardigree Families, complied by Ernest Elder, Jr.
10. LANIER by Louise Ingersoll
11. War of 1812 pension application and widow's pension application, "Captain George Barber of Georgia" by David Morgan (1975)
12. Marriage Record Book H.
13. Marriage Licenses.