|Select the first character of the Groom's last name|
|Select the first character of the Bride's last name|
* Sally Jacks m. in Clarke Co. on 04/16/1823(2,8),
to Joseph Elder
* Cornelia Jackson m. on 06/25/1884(3), to Middleton Pope Barrow b. 08/01/1839 in Oglethorpe Co.(5), d. 12/23/1903 in Savannah(5), son of David Crenshaw and Sarah Elizabeth (Pope) Barrow
* Elizabeth "Betsy" Jackson b. 04/07/1792 m. on 10/19/1809 to Jack Wilburn b. 07/26/1785 in Va., Family Bible and Clarke Co. Ga. Marriage Book, contributed by Esther Barnes Mulling
* * Josephine Jackson m. in Oconee Co. on 08/13/1881(7), to Henry Hagood
* Ann Jameson m. on 04/23/1837(3), to John W. Lumpkin
* Martha Janes m. on ?(3), to James A. Carlton son of James R. and Elizabeth A. (Espey) Carlton
* Matilda Jeanerette m. on ?(3), to James Bancroft
* Cecelia Penelope Jennings b. 09/05/1834dau of Henry Jennings & Nancy Landrum, m. in Clarke Co. on 03/21/1853 to Thomas North Epps b. 07/28/1828 son of William Epps & Sarah Alexander Epps, contributed by Dee Epps
* ? Johnson m. on ?(3), to Thomas B. Gresham son of John J. and Mary Baxter Gresham
* Mary Johnston / Johnson dau of John B. Johnston / Johnson, m. in Clarke Co. on 11/22/1807 to David Day, contributed by Kathleen Mullins Fowler
* Alma Jones m. on ?(3), to Middleton P. Barrow son of Middleton Pope and Sarah (Craig) Barrow
* Lucy Jones m. in Clarke Co. on 06/17/1818(1), to David Christopher
* Nancy Jones m. in Clarke Co. on 01/31/1807(1), to William Carter
1. 40,000 early Georgia marriages, compiled
by Joseph T. Maddox, 1977.
2. Records of Clarke County, Georgia, 1801-1892: In the Georgia Department of Archives and History, compiled by Robert Scott Davis, c1993.
3. Annals of Athens, Georgia, 1801-1901, by Augustus Longstreet Hull, 1906.
4. Oconee Hill Cemetery
5. Oglethorpe Co history
6. 1850 census
7. Highlights and families of yesteryears: Oconee County, Georgia, compiled by Clarence Thomas Dalton, 1985.
Marriages from Oconee Marriage Book "B" - 1880. Some are marked (col) without any explanation. Lin Wright believes they represent marriages of people of color and Lin has marked those with an asterisk (*) -- as opposed to the (*) that I am using at the beginning of each entry for decorative purposes-- and to make clear when a new entry begins.
8. Information supplied by Ms. Launa Jean Maikowski.
9. Elder and Hardigree Families, complied by Ernest Elder, Jr.
10. LANIER by Louise Ingersoll
11. War of 1812 pension application and widow's pension application, "Captain George Barber of Georgia" by David Morgan (1975)
12. Marriage Record Book H.
13. Marriage Licenses.