|Select the first character of the Groom's last name|
|Select the first character of the Bride's last name|
* Malinda Gaines m. in Clarke Co. on 10/27/1808(1),
to Charles Burger
* Martha R. Galloway m. in Clarke Co. on 05/28/1864(3), to Amos T. Ackerman
* Mary "Polly" Gann b. 11/18/1809 in Clarke Co. d. 1894 in Cobb Co.dau of Nathan and his first wife, Nancy Summers Gann, m. in Clarke Co. on 07/22/1824 to Joshhua Stephens b. 1805 in Clarke Co. d. abt 1868 in Cobb Co. son of David and Frances Mary Harris Stephens, contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* Penina Gann m. in Clarke Co. on 10/02/1834(2), to William Alexander
* Polly Gann m. in Clarke Co. on 09/30/1829 or 02/11/1830 to James Shaw, contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* Rosee Garner m. in Clarke Co. on 01/29/1818(1), to Jacob Burger
* Lucy Gilbert m. in Clarke Co. on 01/12/1809(1,2), to Thomas Baccus / Barcus / Banus
* Polly H. Gleason m. in Clarke Co. on 04/29/1808(1), to William Broadnax
* Elizabeth Gordon m. in Clarke Co. on 04/25/1844(2), to Pinckney Ayers
* Ann Gray m. in Clarke Co. on 10/11/1812 or 10/21/1812(1,2,8), to Joshua / Josiah Elder
* Mary Greenwood m. in Clarke Co. on 03/30/1813(1), to James Colton
* Victoria A. Greer m. in Clarke Co. on 02/08/1853(1,2), to Walter A. Appling
* Minnis Gresham m. on ?(3), to Arthur Machen
* Ida Grissom m. on ?(3), to Percival Bancroft son of Edward and Martha A. (Scott) Bancroft
1. 40,000 early Georgia marriages, compiled
by Joseph T. Maddox, 1977.
2. Records of Clarke County, Georgia, 1801-1892: In the Georgia Department of Archives and History, compiled by Robert Scott Davis, c1993.
3. Annals of Athens, Georgia, 1801-1901, by Augustus Longstreet Hull, 1906.
4. Oconee Hill Cemetery
5. Oglethorpe Co history
6. 1850 census
7. Highlights and families of yesteryears: Oconee County, Georgia, compiled by Clarence Thomas Dalton, 1985.
Marriages from Oconee Marriage Book "B" - 1880. Some are marked (col) without any explanation. Lin Wright believes they represent marriages of people of color and Lin has marked those with an asterisk (*) -- as opposed to the (*) that I am using at the beginning of each entry for decorative purposes-- and to make clear when a new entry begins.
8. Information supplied by Ms. Launa Jean Maikowski.
9. Elder and Hardigree Families, complied by Ernest Elder, Jr.
10. LANIER by Louise Ingersoll
11. War of 1812 pension application and widow's pension application, "Captain George Barber of Georgia" by David Morgan (1975)
12. Marriage Record Book H.
13. Marriage Licenses.