|Select the first character of the Groom's last name|
|Select the first character of the Bride's last name|
* Mary Ann Daniel m. on 12/15/1835(3),
to Joseph W. Billups
* Mary Ann Daniell b. 05/01/1811 in Clarke Co. d. 03/07/1889 in Randolph Co. Ala m. in Clarke Co. on 02/21/1828 to Harris Stephens b. 1806 in Clarke Co. d. 04/20/1864 in Randolph Co. Ala son of David and Frances Mary Harris Stephens, contributed by Mildred S. Laney
* Rachell Daniell m. in Clarke Co. on 01/05/1810(1,2), to William Barber
* Elizabeth Davis m. in Clarke Co. on 12/05/1810(1,2), to John Allen
* Leila Davis m. in Clarke Co. on 12/24/1902(13), to Joe Pledger, contributed by Robert N. Hale, Sr.
* Lucy A. Davis m. in Clarke Co. on 10/19/1848(2), to John L. Elder
* Millie Dean m. in Clarke Co. on 10/19/1806(1), to Thomas Bolin
* Sally Dean m. in Clarke Co. on 12/24/1807(1), to James Black
* Margaret A. Dearing m. on 03/24/1836(3), to Thomas H. Harden
* Mary Ann Decosta m. on 09/18/1856(3), to William A. Bain
* Elfrida Derenne m. on ?(3), to Craig Barrow son of Middleton Pope and Sarah (Craig) Barrow
* M. A. Dogget m. in Oconee Co. on 08/18/1881(7), to O. R. Griffeth
* Fannie E. Dougherty m. on 10/05/1853(3), to Nathaniel Barnard
* Elizabeth Cordelia Durham m. in Clarke Co. on 01/08/1852(2), to James H. Elder b. abt 1831 son Edmond and Nancy Hall Tigner Elder
* Emily Cordelia Durham widow of James H. Elder, m. on (9), to Rev. James J. Wallace
1. 40,000 early Georgia marriages, compiled
by Joseph T. Maddox, 1977.
2. Records of Clarke County, Georgia, 1801-1892: In the Georgia Department of Archives and History, compiled by Robert Scott Davis, c1993.
3. Annals of Athens, Georgia, 1801-1901, by Augustus Longstreet Hull, 1906.
4. Oconee Hill Cemetery
5. Oglethorpe Co history
6. 1850 census
7. Highlights and families of yesteryears: Oconee County, Georgia, compiled by Clarence Thomas Dalton, 1985.
Marriages from Oconee Marriage Book "B" - 1880. Some are marked (col) without any explanation. Lin Wright believes they represent marriages of people of color and Lin has marked those with an asterisk (*) -- as opposed to the (*) that I am using at the beginning of each entry for decorative purposes-- and to make clear when a new entry begins.
8. Information supplied by Ms. Launa Jean Maikowski.
9. Elder and Hardigree Families, complied by Ernest Elder, Jr.
10. LANIER by Louise Ingersoll
11. War of 1812 pension application and widow's pension application, "Captain George Barber of Georgia" by David Morgan (1975)
12. Marriage Record Book H.
13. Marriage Licenses.