|Select the first character of the Groom's last name|
|Select the first character of the Bride's last name|
* Mary A. Aaron m. in Clarke Co. on 12/08/1867(13),
to Marshal N. Pledger, contributed by Robert N. Hale, Sr.
* Jane Abbott m. on ?(3), to John Billups
* Laura "Lizzie" Abney m. in Clarke Co. on 11/11/1895(3), to Marion Arnold b. 07/31/1872(4), d. 04/18/1936(4),
* America Adams b. abt 1825 m. on 04/15/1847(3), to Terrell M. Lampkin
* Anna M. Adams m. on 01/13/1863(3), to C. A. Styles
* Elizabeth Adams m. in Clarke Co. on 12/17/1818 to Bazaleel Langford, contributed by Carol Middleton
* Julia M. Adams m. on 10/23/1854(3), to Thomas W. Walker
* Mary Willis Adams m. on 10/13/1853(3), to William B. Jackson
* Polly Adams m. in Clarke Co. on 10/03/1811(1), to Jordan Bonner
* L. Aiken m. on ?(3), to Thomas W. Baxter son of Andrew and Martha (Williams) Baxter
* Mary Ann Martha Akin b. abt 1816 m. on 09/08/1835 to Merida M. Landers b. abt 1825 in SC?, the source for this is a marriage certificate, contributed by bjacobs
* Ellen Alexander m. on ?(3), to Edgeworth B. Baxter son of Richard B. and Kate (Rucker) Baxter
* Jane M. Alexander m. on 12/13/1855(3), to Jerry E. Ritch
* Lizzie Alexander m. on 04/30/1874(3), to Alfred T. Luckie
* Sarah (Sally) Alexander d. 08/04/1852dau of John Alexander (d. 07/14/1827), m. in Clarke Co. on 01/23/1826 to William Epps d. 01/31/1865, contributed by DEE1357@aol.com
* Elizabeth Allen m. in Clarke Co. on 04/23/1813(8,9), to David Elder
* Kate Allen m. on ?(3), to Charles B. Bishop son of Edward and Mary M. (Bingham) Bishop
* Charlotte Almand / Allman m. on 12/01/1864(1), to C. P. McAllister
* Henrietta L. Andrews m. on 08/11/1841(3), to Thomas M. Meriwether
* Mary L. Anthony m. on 08/08/1848(3), to Rufus L. Moss
* Mary L. Appling m. on 12/02/1845(2), to Napoleon B. Harden
* Mamie Arnold m. on 03/11/1874(3), to Cobb Lampkin
* Elizabeth / Elsybeth Arondale m. in Clarke Co. on 03/19/1806(1,2), to Francis / Frapein Arnold
* Sarah Ausborn / Ausbern m. in Clarke Co. on 02/13/1823(2,8), to Joseph Elder
1. 40,000 early Georgia marriages, compiled
by Joseph T. Maddox, 1977.
2. Records of Clarke County, Georgia, 1801-1892: In the Georgia Department of Archives and History, compiled by Robert Scott Davis, c1993.
3. Annals of Athens, Georgia, 1801-1901, by Augustus Longstreet Hull, 1906.
4. Oconee Hill Cemetery
5. Oglethorpe Co history
6. 1850 census
7. Highlights and families of yesteryears: Oconee County, Georgia, compiled by Clarence Thomas Dalton, 1985.
Marriages from Oconee Marriage Book "B" - 1880. Some are marked (col) without any explanation. Lin Wright believes they represent marriages of people of color and Lin has marked those with an asterisk (*) -- as opposed to the (*) that I am using at the beginning of each entry for decorative purposes-- and to make clear when a new entry begins.
8. Information supplied by Ms. Launa Jean Maikowski.
9. Elder and Hardigree Families, complied by Ernest Elder, Jr.
10. LANIER by Louise Ingersoll
11. War of 1812 pension application and widow's pension application, "Captain George Barber of Georgia" by David Morgan (1975)
12. Marriage Record Book H.
13. Marriage Licenses.